Government of Saskatchewan
Quick Search:
Thursday, March 26, 2015

1. I am working in Saskatchewan on a Temporary Work Permit.  Could I be considered under the SINP?

Yes.  Please refer to the Saskatchewan Experience Category to check the specific requirements.

Health Professionals working on a Temporary Work Permits must apply under the Health Professions sub-category. 

Live-in-Caregivers are not eligible under this program.  See Citizenship and Immigration Canada's (CIC) Live-in Caregiver program.

2. My Temporary Work Permit is about to expire and I have not yet received Permanent Resident Status.  What should I do?

You need to apply to extend your work permit in order to maintain legal status in Canada.  Your application needs to be received by the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta, before your work permit expires.  You should check the processing times at Vegeville and apply well before your work permit expires.  If you have already received a nomination by the SINP, please remember to include a copy of your nomination letter with your application and be careful to fill out the forms properly and pay the proper fees with the application.

3. How soon can I move to Saskatchewan?

When your SINP application has been approved and the nomination sent to the Centralized Intake Office, we can provide a letter of support for a Temporary Work Permit that will allow you and your accompanying family members to move to Saskatchewan.  If approved by CIC, this will allow you to begin working or preparing your business operations while your permanent resident visa is being processed.

Please visit the Canadian Visa Office website in your Country for current processing times for Temporary Work Permit applications.

Do not quit your job, or sell or dispose of your personal possessions and business assets until you have received from Citizenship and Immigration Canada a permanent resident visa.

© 2015 Government of Saskatchewan. All rights reserved.